The Whitsundays offers excellent snorkelling all year round with warm waters and great visibility. Snorkel all year round with average water temps of 23oC in winter and up to 27oC in summer. Our Experienced Bareboat briefing staff will give you loads of information to make your boating adventure a trip of a lifetime! We have loads of snorkelling gear supplied free of charge for adults and children on board, as well as stinger suits, kayaks and paddle boards for hire.
LYW recommendations ;
1. Cockatoo Point located at Stonehaven bay near Hayman Island
2. Hook passage
3. Pit Stop bay located at the Eastern side of Border Island
4. Chalkies Beach ( Eastern end of the beach)
5. Mantaray Bay is great for snorkelling, has heaps of fish including some long-time local Maori Wrasse that will always so hello!
6. Luncheon Bay
7. Butterfly Bay (Hook Island) has a diverse range of soft and hard corals spread over a large patch of fringing reef.
Best snorkelling to be found along the western reef ledge deep into the bay.
8. Cateran Bay near Border Island -The coral is relatively shallow making for easy snorkelling at this site.
9. Black Island located near Hayman Island
10. Key Hole near Stone Haven
Here is a link to Tourism Whtsundays recent blog post on Day Dream Islands Marine Biologist Jonny Gaskell top 5 picks in the Whitsundays. It’s an interesting read and some top spots overlap with CCY’s recommendations. https://www.tourismwhitsundays.com.au/blog/entry/gobareboating-the-the
Book your bareboat charter today and experience some of these top spots yourself!! Jump straight off your boat and swim over the reef, or swim straight off the beach to the fringing coral reefs and experience marine life upclose and personal!
#lyw #lovewhitsundays #thisisqueensland #seeaustralia #cumberlandcharteryachts #GObareboating #explore #wow #adventure